Pages

April 19, 2016

Junk in the Trunk


The last couple months have been non stop with art projects and its been a roller coaster of emotions for me! I'm so excited to be a vendor at the upcoming Junk in the Trunk Vintage Market and I can't wait to see what the weekend will bring. While I've been working hard on making things for the market I've also had many custom projects on my plate too and I've been so so thankful for it all. But to be completely honest, with every exciting moment I've had recently, a handful of insecurities have come with it. I feel like every piece of my heart and emotions go into creating things that come into my head. I have huge dreams and visions, and often get scared of what the reality will be if I actually make them happen. The market in May will be the biggest one I've ever been a part of so its equally exciting and overwhelming for me. Many thoughts have entered in about if what I'm making is good enough, if it will sell, if people will like it or not. I hate that these thoughts come to me. I hate that they rob people of achieving dreams and being who they were created to be. 

A few years back I probably would've let those thoughts stop me from trying or putting myself out there. But I came to realize (through the never ending encouragement and support from my husband) that creating and making and drawing and painting is what I was created for. This is the very nature God instilled in me and to not be that, to not grow into that more, would be robbing myself and others from what he would want to do in me through this part of me. 

So I'm doing it, one step at a time, trying to knock down the insecurities that scream in my face along the way. And I'm more excited and confidant and nervous than ever. And I couldn't do it without you too. So thank you for following along the journey. Thank you for your comments. Thank you for dreaming and being excited with me in this. 

I decided to show you some sneak peeks of what will be for sale at my booth (#136) for Junk in the Trunk. Along with these original hand lettered chalkboards, I'll also have new art prints and greeting cards for you. If you've never been the this market before its a MUST and I'm not just saying that because I'm a vendor there. I guarantee you'll find something unique and beautiful just for you along with having a blast just walking around, eating good food, and listening to sweet music. The event is one you don't want to miss. Grab some early bird tickets now and I'll look forward to seeing you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment