Pages

March 9, 2018

Little Kuyper Number Five!


I'm lost for words on how to even start this post. My eyes tear up from utter joy every time I think about this precious gift that entered our world a little over a week ago. 

Late Sunday evening, February 25th, our sweet baby BOY was born!! Yes, that's right...ITS A BOOOOYYY!!!!! I still get chills saying it out loud, thinking how can this even be real. I'm in awe and amazement at how sweet our God is. That he would allow our simple prayers in wanting a boy to be answered this way. 


Dash Thomas Kuyper came quickly in the middle of the night, already living up to his name by making it my fastest labor yet. I am going to save the whole birth story for a later post to share and for now just say how thankful we are for the joy these last couple weeks have brought. I still tear up looking at him, and have to check myself whenever I refer to "him" or "he" in reference to my child...I'm still getting used to that! haha. So far he has been the sweetest baby, making an easy and perfect transition into our family of now SEVEN! whew! And it probably goes without saying that the girls are more than smitten with him (as you can see from the picture below). The biggest struggle is just sharing holding time with him around here (which is not really a struggle at all, but the sweetest thing for this mama heart to watch). 


We are in love in love in love with our cutie little guy. My heart bursts with excitement at all the boy things we'll get to experience together in our family, especially getting to watch a new side of Shane flourish in this way with his SON! 

Thank you so much for those of you who have prayed with us, visited, brought us meals, and sent encouragement and excitement from afar. We have felt it from you for sure and have been so blessed by the sweetness that surrounds us. Now I'm off to cuddle some more with my little BOY!!! (gosh I can't say that without smiling big) 


Baby's First Year Milestone Cards via my Etsy Shop
Softest swaddle blanket via KB Cute Design

1 comment:

  1. Oh look at him! He is adorable as your whole family is! Congratulations! I love remembering the first few days - it is special for every child you have! I'm a mother of two lovely girls and I'd also like to have one more. If a girl or a boy, it doesn't matter to me, the most important thing is that the baby is healthy. I remember having my first child, I was totally scared and so many people tried to help me but actually made some things worth until I decided to just get visitors when we had an appointment :) This was making things way better. I also remember my first time breast feeding, it was horrible for me :P but I got used to it eventually. Unfortunately I couldn't give my baby enough milk so we supplied her with Hipp formula in addition. We choose this one because of the ingredients, the organic factor and the production circumstances (https://myorganicformula.com/collections/hipp-organic-formula). For my second daughter I was better prepared and got some great advice to increase my milk supply. Also when I was pregnant I prepared myself to breast feed and I managed to breast feed for 13 months what was also a very great experience. I like the first year, I was always staying at home and enjoying the time with my kids. Time passes by too quick anyways!
    Have a great day with your family ;)
    Monica

    ReplyDelete