Pages

May 27, 2013

To Have and To Hold


The past month has been weddings galore for me and it aint slowin down! I have the hardest time getting gifts for people for their big day. I know I can always just go to their registry and pick from there, but for me I like to give a gift with more thought and meaning put into it, especially for an occasion that marks the most important day/decision of someone's life. I decided for the last couple weddings I attended that I'd make something for them that they could (hopefully) put up in there home and have as a reminder of the commitment that they've made. I took this line from traditional wedding vows that most people are familiar with. I think it holds so much to it. On the day you marry your best friend you're not just committing to calling them your husband or wife, you're committing your entire self to them...all the good, bad, and ugly with it. And in that you're committing to keeping the promise of accepting the other and loving them in all the good bad and ugly. "To have (every single part of them) and to hold (loving this person in all the mess, laughter, hardships, and fun) from this day forward (forever, every day, every moment).Marriage is the most beautiful thing when we allow ourselves to be loved by the other, when we allow ourselves to be humbled and changed by the other for the benefit of being more of who we are meant to be. I'll be the first to admit that marriage is not easy by any means, it doesn't solve all our problems putting a ring on our fingers. It is a lot of work and I think thats the most beautiful part of it all. I wouldn't be who I am in this moment without going through the messiness of life and listening to my husband's perspective on who I am and how he sees me. And when I allow him to teach me and love me in the hardest parts of life, I realize how much more I am loved by him. Its amazing and I believe that's what marriage is really all about. And because of this, the outcome is that our relationship gets better and better.

Anyways, since this is the time of year where there's a wedding every weekend, I've put up orders in my Etsy shop for you to purchase a custom made painting similar to the ones above for that special couple in your life. Purchase the order in my shop and let me know the details in the comments during check out. Thanks for checkin it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment