Pages

March 25, 2015

Collaboration with Tyrone Wells

I'm excited to share with you a "little" project I had the opportunity to work on recently. I've been a HUGE fan of Tyrone Wells for over a decade now (sheesh, I can't believe its been that long already). It was way back during my junior year of high school that I first discovered this talented musician at a quaint little coffee shop in downtown Fullerton, Ca. Every Thursday evening our little group of friends would go to McClain's to listen to this guy belt out his tunes from the corner of the shop where it almost always seemed to be a packed house. It was then I became an instant fan, following his shows when he was in town, telling everyone about his music, even getting him to play a small concert at my high school. Some might've said I was obsessed, but I beg to differ, I just know a good musician when I hear one! :) Any Southern Californian local can at least attest to listening to his famous "Sea Breeze" song if nothing else.

Fast forward a few years later. I thought to myself how fun it would be if I ever had the opportunity to design something for one of his tours. I threw it out there on Instagram to keep me in mind if he ever needed an artist and he quickly responded with an idea! And those cute little onesies are the result of our collaborating. Both are designs from his song titles with my hand lettering touch. I'm pretty excited with the outcome and especially because I have little ones to put them on. They've got no choice now but to become a Tyrone fan too. Along with being a talented musician with deeply written lyrics and God-given vocals that are unlike anyone else, he is a down to earth, humble guy with a genuineness that exudes through his music. There's just no way you can't not like this guy. 

Just over a week ago Tyrone and his band hit the road starting out on his nation wide "Roll With It" tour. Be sure to go grab a ticket and check out his show if he's coming to a city near you. I PROMISE, you will not be disappointed you did!! Oh, and grab a onesie while you're at it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment