Pages

October 31, 2016

Winnie the Pooh & Hundred Acre Wood Gang



I'm not always a huge fan of the Halloween holiday and what its about, but having kiddos around has made it become much more fun for me. Although I don't love gore and scare of it all, I want to be able to make it a fun memory and positive family event for my kids as they grow up. I wasn't sure I'd be able to top last years DIY costume for the girls, but once we decided what this year's would be I was pretty excited about it. I dreamt of this ensemble for our little family a few months back at the girls request of dressing up as Winnie the Pooh. I started searching the internet for outfits I could creatively put together that didn't cost a ton of money (and something they could most likely wear again). Once I found all of them I got to "D-I-Y-ing" all those ears that tied the whole thing together (lots of Netflix happened while I did this).  I wanted our costumes this year to be a family one so I thought adding me as Owl and Shane as Christopher Robin (he was a trooper!) was a good fit. Because you can't have Winnie the Pooh without Christopher Robin, right!?!

The girls have loved it, which  I was thankful for since one of my toddlers is pretty picky about what she wears these days! They continue to talk about dressing up as their characters to each other and every one they meet. We've been out on the road for the past week traveling with Shane's basketball team so we'll probably find a nearby neighborhood to walk around in after his game that night. Can't wait to watch the girls go crazy collecting candy running around in all their get up! I know these family costumes will only come for so many years until the girls start to think its not "cool" anymore, so I'm soaking in every second of it as much as I can. 

I hope you all have a safe, fun and happy Halloween! 

Raleigh (Pooh Bear): Shirt hand made by my mom, pants from Target years ago, shoe AVARCA STORE, DIY Honey Pot// Jocilynn (Tigger) Shirt and pants from Target and hand painted by me// Jaelynn (Rabbit) Shirt Target, Pants H&M// Sage (Piglet) Shirt & bloomers H&M// Me (Owl) Shirt TheBeeandTheFox, shoes thrifted

No comments:

Post a Comment