Pages

February 15, 2017

Logo for Junk in the Trunk Vintage Market




This project was an exciting one for me! Last fall I was asked by the team at Junk in the Trunk Vintage Market to create their new logo for them as they were starting to rebrand their business. I was so honored and excited that they would choose me of all people! It was so fun to work with them and come up with something they loved and were excited about just as much as I was. Something fresh and light, simple, with my own hand lettering and watercolor style is what we were going for. 

My process began with the sketchbook, as always, drawing out anything that came to mind and trying all kinds of different styles and lettering. Once we narrowed it down to a few they loved, I kept tweaking and working on those, pulled out the watercolors and worked on it some more.The final logo is what you see below and I love how it turned out. Not only is the logo spread across their new website and fliers and clothing and all kinds of stuff, but I also got to paint it on a giant mural you can see as the entrance piece to all of their markets. 


It's a pretty cool thing seeing my work all over a brand that is so well known and loved. And its even more fun to me that I get to be a part of the JITT "family" too. If you haven't checked out their markets yet, I highly recommend it. They bring in the best of the best with thousands of things to choose from that is sure to make you want to come back for more. I'm heading to LA next weekend to be a part of their first market at the Fairplex, so all you California friends please come say hi! 

Here is a little map I created for them too to let you know where and when all their markets will be this year! Hope to see you at one of them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment