Pages

October 3, 2017

Dear Daughters (Summer)

I don't even know how it got to be October already! I've had this post started since July...which feels like it was just yesterday. The summer was so full for us. Lots of traveling with our little fam, art projects on my table, and birthdays celebrated. While I intend and desire to document it all, some days I just realize that being present in the moment is more important than getting the "picture perfect" photo to post about later on. I set out on these posts at the beginning of the year hoping to make this a monthly thing. In the past I think I would've felt guilt (and maybe a bit of shame) for not keeping up with my own goal, but I'm learning and growing to hold on to whats better in the long run for our family, and let go of the little things. The heart behind this goal was to seek out my girls and pay attention to the smallest and most intricate parts of their personalities, praying that I don't miss out on what God may have for me to learn about them. And although the posts may not alway go up on the world wide web each month, the goal has still remained and being present and intentional about being mom in front of them has still allowed me to learn and grow and be humbled.

(photo taken on the last day that my three oldest were all age three together!) 

Some days, I'm inspired and excited by so much I want to share on here and other days the "real life" duties call my name and this blog takes the back seat. I hope that I will continue to find ways in our crazy lives to schedule in more time to create new things for this place since I do find a lot of joy in doing it. My desire for sharing this blog is to use my creativity in a different way than what I normally do in my daily mothering/working/freelancing life. And if along the way it inspires and brings encouragement to someone else, then thats just a sweet bonus! 

I just want to tell those of you who follow along, too, thank you for your support and being here for a minute or two. Its always to so fun to hear from you when I do! 

Now onto this...


Dear Raleigh, 

The past few months have been a joy to watch you grow up! Gosh I can't believe you're already four. I often try so hard to remember each moment and new thing with you because I know I'm going to wake up and you're going to be 18 already! Just the thought of that brings me to tears. Your spirit is still so tender and sweet. You continue to love your sisters and those around you so well. You are easy to laugh with and quickly know how to have fun. And I must say that I've never seen a toddler with better dance moves than you. (They say you got it from your mama, ;)) You are growing with more and more curiosity and it brings me joy to teach you new things and watch you learn. You are always wanting to be next to me, watching how I paint or draw and asking me questions about every little thing I do. I love that you enjoy creating too! I love to watch how you create. You teach me how to be free in creating. You teach me how to love the process of creating more than the outcome. I hope and pray this is something we will continue to enjoy and bond over your whole life through. 



Dear Jocilynn, 

Lately, I'm the only one you'll allow to call you by your full name...everyone else gets corrected by you that your name is "Joci" not Jocilynn. ha! I'm not sure where that snuck in, but I think its another way of how your personality has played out-- you know what you want and you stick to it. Often it becomes a battle for us to work through when you don't get your way, but there's also a part in that where I can see how confidence and beauty can grow from a place of knowing what you want. You know how to laugh and be silly and fun and I love watching that come alive in you. You give me the sweetest hugs and still ask me to sing and pray with you before bedtime every night. I've watched you try so hard to be kind and learn how to treat others nicely and although its the hardest thing to figure out sometimes, you continue to trust me in helping you figure it out. I pray this will always be true, that our relationship will be built on trust and deep love and that nothing would make you doubt otherwise. I'm learning how to nurture your sensitive heart better and praying that as you grow you'll always know how much I love you. 


Dear Jaelynn, 

We've said it from the time you were one...you know how to make people laugh! And your sense of humor keeps getting better and better. I don't think there's a day gone by where you haven't made at least one of your sisters belly laugh. Your humor just shows more and more how smart you are, knowing how to understand a situation and make someone smile when they need it most. You can't go too long crying your eyes out before you start to burst into laughter about it (probably because you realize how ridiculous your little tantrums sound sometimes). Its the funniest thing to watch as you go from complete sobbing to extreme giggling within one breath. I think it just explains how much joy you find in life and it is utterly contagious! You are more often than not the little leader of your sister clan, usually deciding what silly games you're going to make up and play and bringing them into your imagination with you. Watching you grow up is the best thing and only makes me more excited to see who you will continue to become. 


Dear Sage, 

You are finally starting to communicate with your words these days! For a while we wondered if you'd ever talk, since your sisters seemed to always do the talking for you. But you're learning to find your voice and its the cutest thing to watch. You still are the first one to follow where ever any of them will go and there's hardly a time we find you sitting alone. You continue to be their favorite person, making them laugh at everything you do--from "jumping" on your feet, to making up songs to sing, or making the silliest faces. You're always up for snuggling and I love getting you our of your bed whenever you wake up just for that embrace. Your smile still lights up a room and produces an even bigger smile on anyones face thats around you. I love watching how up for anything you are, trying out whatever your sisters are doing or making up something completely on your own. More and more ways continue to show me just how perfect you are for our family and I couldn't imagine anyone but you!


I love you girls...more than life itself!
Love, 
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment