Pages

August 24, 2017

Twins Turn Three!


prince & princess crowns- DIY  party decor- Oh Happy Day Shop

We officially have three 3-year-olds living under our roof now! The twins are already THREE (what!?!) and I feel like I just blinked since we brought home those teeny little ones from the hospital. Per their request, it was a pink and purple themed princess party to celebrate the milestone. We re-arranged the living room furniture to create a "ballroom" for dancing and decked out the table for an ice cream bar and cupcakes. Our house was full of toddlers wearing their best prince and princess attire, running around giggling and getting filled up with sugar! 

We finished the party with games and opening presents and singing happy birthday. I know that most of the details that go into putting things like this together go unnoticed, but they still talk about their party to this day... which makes me think they really do remember how special it was for them. 

Although this age has its many frustrating moments, I have to say over all it has to be my favorite with them so far. Their personalities are more apparent and alive than ever. It seems as though every day brings on something new about them that I'm learning. Having twins is no easy task, especially being just 10.5 months younger than big sister and 18 above the littlest, but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat! There's nothing like watching how they're bond continues to grow with each other and each of their other sisters more and more each day. These two never give us a dull moment in our day and I'm pretty thankful I get to be the one they call mama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment