Pages

July 2, 2013

AK & Lauren Portrait

It's been a while since I've drawn using the simple pencil and paper. The last time I drew a portrait was probably in college 5 or so years ago. When I found out two of my friends were getting married I knew I wanted to create something really special for them. I decided to pick up the pencil once again and challenge myself to attempt at drawing this portrait of them taken the day they got engaged. I thought for sure I'd end up frustrated with the results and never want to draw again, but after a few hours of drawing that seemed like minutes I was surprised that I really enjoyed the process. What made it even better was giving it to the happy couple the day before their wedding and I think they were just as pleased with the result as I was. I think I'll start challenging myself to more pieces like this more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment