Pages

October 25, 2017

3 Things I Love About the Changing Seasons

I LOVE this time of year (minus the grueling hot temps we're still experiencing). We took our little family trip to the pumpkin patch at Schnepf Farms last week in search of a little  fall. Turns out it was still 90+ degrees that day, but it was still a sweet memory nonetheless. Once October hits, there are lots of things I love about this season as it starts to change. Here are a few that stick out to me the most...


1. NEW INSPIRATION

The change the season gives seems to bring on a whole new feeling of ideas and inspiration for me each year. From the colors of changing leaves or the new scent of a fall candle. I think that with each changing season its gives us a chance to make it a bit better than the last. Maybe its the hot summer days here in Phoenix, but somewhere in the middle of August I start to feel stagnant in my creativity. I get that itch pretty crazy to start doing something new, or travel somewhere new, or just to start getting out of the house. I love the newness the fall season brings, even though everything dies off in the fall/winter, there's a newness to it that says its time for a change, time to start over and create something fresh again and I love how it inspires and gives hope for something better. 



2. COOLER WEATHER

If you've been following me for a bit (or any amount of time really) its no secret how the heat really gets to me! Growing up a California girl I never really thought this would be an issue for me living in Arizona, but somehow the older I've gotten the more I look forward to those cooler days. Plus my favorite kind of wardrobe is full of comfy jeans, layered tops and the perfect pair of boots. I'd much rather be snuggled up next to a fire with a cozy sweater sipping a hot drink than drenching in sweat under the beating sun. But as much as the heat of the AZ desert gets to me, there's nothing that beats it's cool winter days and nights. Perfect weather right there if you ask me!


3. TRADITIONS:

I love getting into the start of the holidays, the crispy cool nights, and the start of traditions we look forward to all year long. Of course, there's little traditions that happen throughout the whole year, but this time of year seems to highlight all the best ones. Since having kids the idea of traditions has become one of the most important things I want to give my kids as we grow our family up. I think it brings a sense of unity and stability to a childhood. It gives us something to look forward to, something we can create new memories with each year even as we do that same something each year around. I've loved looking back on my childhood thinking of the few traditions we did as a family and having that feeling of nostalgia and a sweet memory to think back on as I grew up. 

Our trip to Schnepf farms started last year and was one we wanted to try and stick to as long as we still enjoy it as a family. The farm is full of things to do and the girls couldn't get over all the big pumpkins they could carry. We played hide and seek through the corn maze together and the girls thought it was the best thing! Their giggles were priceless. We rode rides, visited the animals and did a looooot of bouncing on the giant trampolines!

This time of year we also gear up for a big road trip as we travel around with my husbands basketball tour that he leads here in Phoenix and in SoCal. So getting back to the beach and things I love to do around Cali is something I look forward to with our kids each year too. I'll be documenting our trip a bit better this year, too, letting you into another side of how our family does life. Until then, I've gotta start packing and thinking about how to entertain 4 toddlers on a 7 hour road trip! EEK! 
Prayers are greatly appreciated :)


No comments:

Post a Comment