Pages

October 30, 2017

Wonderland Halloween



These might be my favorite costume I've put together for the girls yet! The idea came to me earlier this year when we visited Disneyland. Raleigh kept saying her favorite ride was the teacups, although she hadn't even been on it yet, haha, maybe something about the spinning cups and colors she liked so much!?!... I dunno...But I went with the idea and thought how adorable she'd look as a little Alice. Plus, how cute would the twins be dressed up as the Tweedle TWINS! 

I searched all over for the perfect "Alice" dress that could of course be worn again over and over and this one from Alice & Ames in blue made for the perfect fit. I added a little collar to it to fit the look and used the apron my grandma made for my life size Raggidy Anne doll I had when I was little. How sweet is it that it fits my 4 year old daughter now!?! which also probably makes it my favorite part of the whole piece. I wasn't sure how the twins would take the idea when I asked if they wanted to be Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, but once they saw the dresses I had picked out for them on Etsy to make the costume a little more feminine they were all in! Sage still just goes with whatever I say she's gonna wear, so she makes it pretty easy. And hearing her say "I gon be wabbit" in excitement made it that much cuter on her! 

Since the girls were little we have always spent Halloween somewhere around Southern California. Each year we travel around Phoenix and So Cal with my husband as he leads a basketball tour with our ministry, Identity Hoops International. Since we never know what our Halloween night will look like I still love to keep the tradition of dressing up a fun fall activity for our family. The girls couldn't wait to see what they looked like in their costumes, so I geared them all up for a little photo shoot one night last week before we headed to a local fall festival. They were so giddy and excited to wear it around town, which is what I love to watch most as they get dressed up. I had hopes for me and Shane dressing up with them, which I always love to do, but with a nearly 6 month pregnant belly and a handful of other things to get done I couldn't quite pull it off for us this year. BUT I have high hopes for our ensembles next year, especially since we'll have another little one in tow! Until then, hope you all have a safe and fun Halloween. 

Girls outfits:
Raleigh "Alice in Wonderland"- dress: Alice&Ames // shoes & tights: Target// headband: handmade//
apron: vintage 
Joci & Jaelynn "Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum"- jumpers: Etsy// shirts: Zara kids// hair clips & neck ties: handmade
Sage "White Rabbit"- shirt: Target// sweater: Zara Kids// leggings: Zara Kids
Kitten & Backyard courtesy of my sister in law ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment