Pages

July 26, 2018

Life Lately- July


1. This year we started a new tradition taking our girls out on dates one on one each week. Its been my favorite thing to do with them, seeing their personalities in different ways when they're not surrounded by the rest of their siblings. Jaelynn and I tried out AZ Pops in town for the first time and we were hooked! Yummy, fruity creative popsicles to beat the summer heat--yes please!

2. We took a little trip to the woods over the Fourth of July weekend. It was a sweet getaway for our little family. We took the girls on a little hike up the hills behind our cabin and they were troopers. The best was seeing them get excited about the tree house we found at the top and going all out to climb all over it. I love watching kids become adventurous and excited to explore new things. We all need a bit of this in our lives every once in a while, don't you think!?!


3. Something I look forward to all year long is our week away to the beach with Shane's whole side of the family. Each year our tribe gets bigger and bigger with little ones running around. We're on the sand day in and day out and the week goes by all too fast once its here. Each year brings new memories that I'm forever grateful for. Watching our kids get to do something I grew up doing (summers on the beach) in a place Shane and his family have been going to since he was a kid is the sweetest gift from it all. 

4. The twins turned FOUR this month. FOUR! Which means I have three 4 year olds in our house now (Raleigh is still a few weeks away from turing FIVE and then the tears will really start coming). We decided to do an overnight stay at a hotel for their birthday and it was the best idea! They LOVED it. Shane and I decorated the room the night before as they were sleeping and I just kept thinking how grateful I am that we get to do this, and that they get to wake up to have a special day to remember like this. As we were decorating I smiled at Shane and said "this is so fun"--The fun being that we are in the midst of doing things I always dreamt of, raising a family and giving them memories that will shape and allow them to feel loved and cared for. The fun being that we get to create traditions that they will talk about for years to come and maybe give to their kids someday. It sure is bittersweet watching your kids grow up, but being in the present of it realizing how much of a gift it is that I get to do this puts me in a place of full gratitude and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment