Pages

August 6, 2018

Cabin Time



I'm sure you've seen me post a time or two on Instagram how much I dread the heat during Arizona summers. Like so much that I start playing Christmas music in July just to get me dreaming of cooler days! haha! To help our summer blues we tried to plan as many little getaways as possible to get us through so the long weeks and hundred temp days wouldn't be as debilitating. (Am I sounding dramatic!?! Try living here in the desert for the summer and then you'll see what I mean ;))



Anyways, a couple times this summer we've gone up north to Flagstaff and its been a breathe of fresh air. Shane's grandparents own a cabin tucked in the woods where he's been going to ever since he was a kid and I love that we get to bring our kids here to play and do things he did when he was growing up. I love that there's been years and years of memories in this place throughout our family history and making more memories with our kids here almost brings me to tears. 

You can't help but take the days slower and soak in the surrounding beauty when you're up there. We took a small hike up the backside of the cabin with the girls where we found a rustic tree house that overlooked the country. It was a sweet sweet moment watching my girls get so excited to be adventurous and get dirty. 


I wore my new favorite baby sling from Sakura Bloom to keep Dash close to me as we hiked and walked around the lake all weekend. This carrier is a new must have for mamas that I'll rave about over and over again. I love that its lightweight and easy to get on and off without all the bulky buckles or extra fabric hanging all over. Its also so pretty isn't it!?! Honestly I get at least one compliment about it every time I'm out and about with it on. The fabric on it is so breathable which makes it the perfect carrier for our hot weather. 


We're about to head out to California for our last family trip of the summer and before Raleigh starts pre-school (WHAT!?! did I just say that out loud!?! queue all the tears). We'll be staying in another cabin in the woods which I'm excited to show you all. Can't wait to be sitting in the lake, drinking coffee in the woods and walking around doing slower days again with my best people. 


No comments:

Post a Comment